Did you know that one of the best places to use essential oils is on the feet? Why? (Click Here for more info on essential oils and how you can get free reflexology charts.)
Let me share with you 3 reasons, and 3 tips for the right oils on certain areas.
1. The feet have very large pores so the oils can absorb more quickly. Normally it takes about 20 minutes for an essential oils to fully absorb into the body, but the time is much shorter when the oils are applied to the feet.
2. The skin on the bottom of the feet is not very sensitive. The other places in the body where the oils absorb quickly, such as the back of the neck, are sensitive areas.
3. The entire body is mapped out on the bottom of the feet! Our entire body is mapped out on the bottom of the feet in the form of over 120 reflex points that correspond with different body parts and systems. By rubbing the feet you are sending signals to the brain to make help or repair that area. When oils are applied in different areas of the feet, not only are they absorbed quickly, but they enhance the help or repair that is sent to those body parts.
- The Lung Area is found in the ball of the foot. If you are congested or are having trouble breathing, put Marjoram or Oregano oil on the balls of your feet and then massage that area with a golf ball.
- The Reproductive Area is Found in the heel of the foot. If you are experiencing menstrual cramps, put Clary Sage on the heels of your feet. Then massage your heels with your knuckles, or to make it easier, try putting a golf ball under your heel and roll it against the floor.
- The Head Point is found in the big toe. If you are having headaches, put Peppermint, on your big toes. To massage it roll your knuckles back and forth over the top of your big toes, just below the nail. Then do it again on the bottom and again along the outer-side.